(last updated 8/30/2016)
Here’s a short summary of my background and abilities.
Contact me if you’d like a complete copy.
- Data science
- Machine learning
- Programming languages
- Interested in promoting open access to research materials (papers, data, etc.) - see OpenScience as an example
North Carolina State University
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math minor
- Cum. GPA 3.9, major GPA 4
North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
- High school diploma with 5 computer science classes.
- Facebook Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2016
- Freshspire Lead Developer, Spring 2016
- IBM Watson Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2015
- OpenScience.us Web Developer and Research Data Curator, Spring/Fall 2015
||React.js, Flow (JS type checker), GraphQL, Spring (Java), Bootstrap
||Linux & OSX & Windows, AWS, Node.js, Android (some)
|Tools & IDEs
||Mercurial, Git/GitHub, Subversion, Nuclide, IntelliJ, Eclipse
||IDEs, REST architecture, full stack development, Agile
I also have experience with human factors including:
- Code reviews
- Working on a team
- Learning huge codebases
- Source control at scale
In my free time, I run competitively on the NCSU club cross country & track team, play cajon/piano/didgeridoo, and hike up big mountains.